Water Based Lamination
Water-based lamination is a process of applying a water-based adhesive to a substrate and then applying a film or paper to the adhesive. This creates a laminated product that is environmentally friendly and has a clear, glossy finish. It is commonly used in the packaging industry for items such as food packaging and labels.
Water-based lamination is a process that uses water as a carrier for the adhesive, rather than solvents. This method is often used in the production of flexible packaging, such as bags, pouches, and wraps. Due to the lower toxicity and greater environmental friendliness of water-based adhesives, water-based lamination is becoming increasingly popular in many industries. Additionally, water-based lamination provides a more cost-effective and efficient process compared to solvent-based lamination.
Benefits of Water Based Lamination
Water based lamination uses water as a carrier instead of solvents, which reduces emissions and pollution. Since it uses water, it is not flammable, which makes it safer to handle than solvent-based lamination, and it does not produce the strong odors associated with solvent-based lamination, making it more pleasant to work with.
Solvent Based with Water basedLearn about Solvent Based Application
Reasons for choosing Solvent Based Lamination
1. Strong bond: Solvent-based adhesives create a strong bond between the two surfaces being laminated, which helps to ensure that the finished product is durable and long-lasting.
2. Fast drying time: Solvent-based adhesives dry quickly, which allows for faster production times and helps to minimize downtime.
3. Good for high-temperature applications: Solvent-based adhesives can withstand high temperatures, making them well-suited for laminating products that will be exposed to heat.
4. Can be used with a wide range of materials: Solvent-based adhesives can be used with a variety of materials, including plastics, metals, and composites, which makes them a versatile option for lamination.
5. Cost-effective: Solvent-based adhesives are typically less expensive than other types of adhesives, which can help to keep production costs low.
Reasons for choosing Water Based Lamination
1. Environmental friendliness: Water-based lamination does not emit harmful pollutants or volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into the air, making it a more environmentally friendly option.
2. Health and safety: Water-based lamination is less toxic and flammable than solvent-based lamination, making it safer for operators to use.
3. Clarity and gloss: Water-based lamination can provide a clear, glossy finish that is comparable to solvent-based or UV-cured lamination.
4. Compatibility: Water-based lamination is compatible with a wide range of substrates, including paper, cardboard, and certain types of plastics.
5. Cost-effectiveness: Water-based lamination is generally less expensive than solvent-based or UV-cured lamination, making it a more cost-effective option for some applications.
6. Flexibility: Water-based lamination can be applied at lower temperatures, making it more suitable for heat-sensitive materials.